remember last summer when american eagle had that modelling contest where you submit your picture to get votes and if you get into the top 20 votes your picture is displayed at times square in new york
i submitted this photo of me about to sneeze
i placed 12th and i was on the times square billboard for two weeks
i hate each and every single one of you all
자꾸만 네가 떠올라, Sinking of you, Daehyun Kim, 2010
The Korean title translates into “i keep thinking of you,” but it literally means “you keep floating up”
and then the English title is “Sinking of you”
so when you think of another person, that mentally woven image will float up to the surface beyond your reach
well this is saddening
The final painting “not the one” / 60”x90” - for my show “Q&A” at NSC in Toronto. November 20, 2014
an out-take from this same photo-shoot (where i was taking pictures to use as source for the painting) was posted from my instagram onto tumblr and has something like 100,000 re-blogs or something insane.
Something that most people don’t really realize - this is a self portrait.
"- Five things I am trying very hard to accept. (via leunq)
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."